We are a family of 4. Each one with a mind of his/her own. That’s bound to be, no? It gets interesting. Clothes to TV channels, each one has got specific non-compromising demands though most of the times it’s the parents and the elder ones who succumb to the younger ones.
One thing is never compromised though – the endeavor to stay fit and healthy. Amongst many things which have become a buzzword in recent times – immunity enhancement is perhaps the most often used and remembered word. But I believe one cannot work just on immunity. One has to work on the entire gamut of overall health.
That’s why today I will be sharing 4 things my wife and I have added to our routine for overall health:
- Physical fitness – I have been a sportsperson since my childhood. Though it has got interrupted time and again for studies and professional work, it hasn’t ever happened that I have been completely out of touch. While sports enhance the fitness level but to remain fit, we have to do more. With the help of my trainer, I got a plan ready for myself as well as for my wife which involves stretching, weights, cardio and others. This helps not only in building body strength and increasing immunity but also to maintain good mental health.
- Balanced diet – The definition says it is a diet that contains different kinds of foods in certain quantities and proportions so that the requirement for calories, proteins, minerals, vitamins, etc is being taken care of. We do our best to eat nourishing meals, rich in fruits and vegetables, protein, and whole grains. My wife and I have also become mindful of our vitamin intake, especially Vitamin C, which I will talk about more in my next point.
- Focus on vitamin intake and natural nutrients with Vitamin C – Vitamins play an important role in our lives. 13 essential vitamins play different roles in keeping the body working properly. One of these vitamins is Vitamin C known for its role in building immunity. There are many ways to get the required supply of Vitamin C and we will touch upon the sources later.
Here are a few major health benefits of Vitamin C:
- It is a powerful antioxidant that can strengthen the body’s natural defenses.
- It can help prevent iron deficiency by improving the body’s ability to absorb iron.
Some of the best sources of Vitamins C which we have included in our meals are as follows – yellow bell peppers, green leafy vegetables and fruits like guava, amla, berries and of course oranges.
However, since I’m not too fond of fruits, I know, I know, it’s not something I’m proud to confess, we reached out to our family doctor on the best way to maintain Vitamin C in our bodies. He prescribed Limcee Vitamin C chewable 500mg tablet. My wife and I both take this in addition to following other tips and advice given by our family doctor.
- Maintaining a good sleep pattern – When we are sleep-deprived, we feel lazy all the time not wanting to work at all. It affects our power of concentration also. 15 minutes of power nap also helps to regain strength and you feel energetic to work ahead. So, we make sure that we sleep enough according to our routine to feel fresh as we start a new day.
We went a step further and educated our children as well about our routines. Now, it is them who sometimes check us when Madhushree or I slack. Don’t tell them but I love it when they scold us – it makes me proud that I have taught them well. What are some things you and your partner do to ensure good health?
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama? Here is an easy savoury oatmeal risotto which is healthy and can be made quickly –
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree & Anindya) & Twitter profiles. Post a picture and tag us.
You can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link) Have you heard about the idea pin You can follow us for idea pins also like this one –
Disclaimer: The views expressed in these blog contents are independent views solely of the blogger based on their personal experience, research and due diligence on the product referred. The content herein is sponsored by Abbott Healthcare Private Limited (Abbott) for product information purposes, intended for Indian residents only. It does not replace the advice of a physician, nor is a recommendation or endorsement by Abbott. Advice of a qualified physician should be sought for understanding suitability of the referred product before consuming, for diagnosis and before starting any medication, exercise and diet. Please discuss your existing medical conditions and medical history with your physician.
The content does not necessarily reflect the views of Abbott or its affiliates. Although greatest possible care has been taken in compiling, checking and developing the content to ensure that it is accurate and complete, Abbott is not responsible or in any way liable for any injury or damage to any persons in view of reliance placed on or action taken basis of the information herein, or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies and/or incompleteness of the information.