Summer means mangoes and summer also means salads. The sun is burning bright and there is just no respite from the heat. The air conditioners are working round the clock and are quite ineffective while driving. Nowadays, I don’t feel like having coffee or a full-blown lunch. I crave salads and summer refreshing drinks. This easy mango salsa comes real handy as an accompaniment to your lunch. At the same time, if you are entertaining guests and have made an array of appetizers, put a bowl of mango salsa on the side. It will get over in two minutes.
This is a super easy recipe. Requires few ingredients and takes around ten to fifteen minutes to put everything together. Of course, the hero of the dish is mango. So get hold of some ripe and sweet mangoes. This mango salsa has a jumble of flavours packed in one plate. Sweet, salty with a little sing from lemon juice and green chilies, if you wish to add.
Ingredients needed and how to make Mango Salsa
- One ripe yet firm mango
- a medium-sized onion
- one tomato
- 2- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2- 3 chopped green chilies
- Pinch of sugar (optional if the mango is not sweet)
- Sea salt
Cut the mangoes, onions and tomato into equal-sized pieces, preferably small. Place them in a bowl and add chopped green chilies and coriander leaves. Mix lemon juice with sugar (if the mango isn’t sweet). Sprinkle some salt over the mangoes. Finally, drizzle lemon juice and toss and serve. Isn’t that easy?
You can serve mango salsa as a side to any meal. It also goes well with your regular rice meals. Mango salsa is a great option with quesadillas or tacos. You can have it as it is too. Only thing is, it tastes great when the mango is fridge cold.
If you like mangoes, you can also try out this zesty mango chicken salad with an Asian dressing.
Do try these recipes and share your feedback. You can reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree and Anindya) and Twitter profiles. Post a picture and tag us.
Pin this on your recipe board? You can find some awesome recipes at Pikturenama recipes in Pinterest
Easy Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 big ripe yet firm mango keep chilled in the refrigerator
- 1 medium onion
- 1 no tomato
- 2-3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 chopped green chili you can add more if you want
- pinch of sugar optional
- sea salt to taste
- Cut the mangoes, onions and tomato into equal-sized pieces, preferably small.
- Place them in a bowl and add chopped green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Mix lemon juice with sugar (if the mango isn’t sweet).
- Sprinkle some salt over the mangoes.
- Finally drizzle lemon juice and toss and serve.