Easy peasy lemon squeezy … The little one (now not that little as he turned 5 recently) has been saying this repeatedly for the last one month. He has various sources of learning and God only knows from where he has picked it up. Disney Junior channel, Movies, friends, fairy tales (ruled out as per wiki this is a popular american slang for getting a job done easily). The normal easiest game that happens between the father and son is the pun game with words, so it followed
Easy peasy LIZARD squeezy
Easy peasy CROCODILE squeezy
Easy peasy T REX squeezy
Easy peasy TOOTHLESS squeezy
Easy peasy LION squeezy
Easy peasy COCKROACH squeezy
Who would have thought someday I will be able to play some word games with him and that too, he will defeat me most of the times as his knowledge about the dinosaurs and the dragons are way better than mine.
It was one of the Saturdays when his school had started and we had an invitation for a lunch. All of a sudden, the champ wanted to bake. We delayed for our lunch at Holiday Inn Hotel and I did make quite a fuss about it. The next day, when I tasted these cookies with my morning tea, I realised that I had made all the fuss for nothing over these gorgeous rich fruit cookies. I guess, sometimes, it is okay to be late.
Do you know what or who is Puni God? (hints: used in Marvel Universe) He says this and punches me every time :-) Why can’t we freeze moments or go back and revisit some of these cherished moments for a lifetime? :-)
The junior hulk was extremely possessive about his creation and he rather forced us to have these rich fruit cookies for almost everytime we had a tea/coffee session.
We create the art of observation. Behance
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama?
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree & Anindya) & Twitter profiles. Please post a picture and tag us.
Pin this for your recipe board? You can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link)
Rich fruit cookies
- 250 gms mincemeat
- 2 2/3 cup All purpose flour
- 150 gms Butter
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1 large Egg
- Keep your mince meat out of the refrigerator. In case you are making fresh mince meat, then let it cool down completely before using it in the recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and both the sugars.
- Add the egg and give it a whisk to incorporate the egg.
- Add the flour and then the mincemeat and bring it all together in a dough. This dough is particularly soft and sticky.
- Take 3 nos of parchment paper, about the size of A4 sheet.
- Divide the dough in 3 equal parts.
- Now place each part of the dough on each long end of the parchment paper and spread it out length wise into a roll. Roll the dough in the paper into a cylinder.
- Once you have three cylinders, place them in the refrigerator for about 4 - 5 hours or until they are firm.
- Once they are firm, take each cylinder one at a time.. In the meanwhile, heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Unroll the parchment paper and cut the dough in slices (about 7- 8 mm approx thickness).
- Arrange each cookie dough on either a silicon mat or more parchment paper on the cookie tray.
- Since there is only one egg, it does not spread too much while baking.
- Bake each batch at 170 degrees Celsius for 12 to 15 minutes. Watch your cookies like a hawk or else they will burn at the bottom. The minute they turn golden, take them out and place on a wire rack to cool down. If you want really crispy cookies, almost like biscuits, you have to let them turn light brown from golden.