Add this recipe to Yummly ? – Yum
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama? If not, then please subscribe.
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles: Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree and Anindya) and Twitter profiles. Post a picture and tag us.
Carrot Cake once again but with new pictures
For the Cake
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Caster sugar
- 1 cup Any vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 nos Eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Butter at room temperature
- 2 tsp Milk
- 4 cups Icing Sugar
Baking the Cake
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs using an electric hand mixer or with a whisk for about two minutes. Then add the sugar and the oil and whisk till light and frothy.
- Using a seive, add the flour with the baking soda, salt and the cinnamon powder. Using a spatula, gently fold the flour in the egg batter.
- Then pour in the vanilla essense and the shredded carrots and fold thoroughly till the carrots have beautifully incorporated with the batter. Finally, if you want to add walnuts, then dust the chopped walnuts with a tbsp of flour and add to the batter and fold in using your spatula.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9 inch cake tin. Do line in the bottom of your cake tin with parchment paper, since the baking time is a bit longer and there are chances of the bottom burning.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or more till the cake is done. Insert a skewer in the centre of the cake to check if the skewer comes out clean.
- Once the cake is done, take it out and place on a wire rack to cool down the cake.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter with the cream cheese. Slowly keep adding the icing sugar one tbsp at a time and continue whisking till you get a nice, smooth frosting which will hold if frosted.
Assembling the cake
- Once the cake has cooled down, using a knife, cut the cake into half horizontally. You can skip this and add frosting only on top if you wish to. Also cut the top dome part so that frosting can be spread evenly on top.
- Apply one third of the frosting and place the top on the frosting. Then using a spatula, apply frosting on the top and the sides and sprinkle chopped walnuts to garnish the cake.