Once you have mastered the art of making dulce de leche with a can of condensed milk, you have the world of dessert making open in front of you. You can combine this pot of golden dulce de leche with just about many a thing, to make a fabulous dessert. Okay, so it is really easy to make dulce de leche. It’s no mastery. Here is how.
So now you can make dulce de leche brownies. You have one tub of dulce de leche with you. If you are bored of just eating it out of the can, use it in making dulce de leche brownies. I have really enjoyed baking this particular brownie. I have done this four times in the past four months. The first batch of dulce de leche brownies got over before I could even have a second helping. Yes, I have a rather greedy family. It also includes my father, my brother and the rest of the jing bang. My father is a diabetic. He doesn’t take sugar in his tea or coffee. He doesn’t even have loose sweets other than on Sundays, when his post lunch dessert craving goes through the roof. But when it comes to cakes baked by me, he cannot keep a check over his sweet craving. Everytime I bake anything, half the share goes to my mums place and there too, he is the one who gets the maximum number of pieces. Yet, whenever he sees me, which is quite often, he complains about how I don’t bake for him and how he gets a miserly share of whatever I send home.
The second time I baked the dulce de leche brownies, I sent them to Mumbai to my sisters place. She was pregnant at that time and was unable to bake much. Like me, she loves to cook and bake and like me, she loves to eat them too. Her entire family loved the brownies and I was happy to have done something (quite insignificant in the whole scheme of things) for my heavily pregnant sister from far. And then there was a third time that I baked these dulce de leche brownies and I took them over to a dear friend’s house in Kolkata. She absolutely loved them. Finally I decided, that I need to put this recipe up on the blog. Hence, I baked it a fourth time and styled it for Anindya to shoot the pictures.
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama?
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree & Anindya) & Twitter profiles. Please post a picture and tag us.
Pin this for your recipe board. And you can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link)
Here is the reel which we had uploaded in Instagram for Dulce De Leche –
Dulce De Leche Brownies
- 1 tin dulce de leche made from condensed milk (find link above)
- 175 gms dark chocolate 175 gms equal 6 oz
- 175 gms Butter
- 25 gms cocoa powder 25 gms equals 1 oz
- 3 nos Eggs
- 225 gms light brown sugar or caster sugar 25 gms equals 8 oz
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 gms All purpose flour 100 gms equals 3 1/2 oz
- Have the can of dulce de leche ready with you at room temperature.
- Cut the butter in cubes and roughly chop the chocolate. Then melt the butter, chocolate and cocoa powder over a double boiler. Remove from heat and keep aside when the chocolate and the butter have incorporated in a nice smooth liquid.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk until its light and frothy, approximately for 2 minutes using an electric hand mixer.
- While continuing to whisk, slowly pour the liquid chocolate from one corner of the bowl and combine.
- Sift in the flour and gently fold with a spatula.
- Have a 20 cm or 8 inch square cake tin or a rectangular brownie pan ready with you. Instead of simply greasing it, I always prefer sticking butter paper to the bottom of the cake tin and greasing the sides.
- Pour the brownie mix into the tin and spread using a spatula. Then use a spoon to scoop out dulce de leche from the can and drop blobs of dulce de leche all ovr the cake. Using a skewer or a knife, run it around to make swirls and combine the dulce de leche into the brownie. It is a marbeled effect.
- Then transfer the cake tin into the pre heated oven and bake at 180 degrees C for about 20 to 25 minutes. In the case of these brownies, your skewer will not come out clean once you stick it in. The idea is to have a gooey or a fudgy center.
- In 20 to 25 minutes, the top and the bottom should be done. Take it out and leave it on a wire rack to cool down.
- Once cool, cut it into squares and serve them.
- Most importantly, use very good quality dark chocolate (preferably 55 to 75 percent)