It is no longer a secret that I admire Naina’s work. When I used to dabble with my camera, way before I started blogging, I have been a fan of Naina.
She has a great series for #Eyeforstyle, which she has taken international also. This is an inspiration of the same and a very novice first attempt to capture few of the stylish sunglasses which I saw at The Farmers’ market by Karen Anand.
Read – What did you miss in The Kolkata Farmers’ Market by Karen Anand ?
On a Mid November Sunday, when the Gourmet goddess Karen Anand holds a farmers’ market, its obvious that the who’s who of Kolkata will pour in. Linen was in abundance and so were trendy dresses.
One interesting fashion accessory, which was like a show stopper rather than an accessory, was the different types of glares/sunglasses which were being worn.
I would have loved to go for a detailed documentation for the dresses and the fashion styles as well but I am sure I will need some more time to get there. This is a different attempt, a slight deviation from my food or photography posts but nevertheless there is always a first time. Hope this is not the last time.
Read – I also did a series on fine art photography ? Check it here
On second reading and analysis I find this post perhaps is all the mistakes that a person/photographer can make. Here are some that I have realised. Can I confess that I have made mistakes ? Mistakes like –
- The entire shoot was unplanned and it was only after a while into the event/ venue, that I realised a series like this could be made.
- All the pictures have been from the same angle almost – could have been done better.
- I was not sure about the objective of shooting when I started focusing on the glares.
- I needed to spend more time in the event and venue and 2 hours of coverage can never be called a proper coverage.
- There is a difference between Photography for food and market place and trying to capture portraits and style quotient. So one just cannot think of starting it all of a sudden.
- The results that I have been looking for will definitely need more and more time, given the art and craft of photography needs practice.
- I will definitely keep on trying this as I confess, I have liked the experience so will like to do this more often.
What do you think of these pictures?
This is also written for Blogchatter’s ongoing prompt of Can I confess . Some of my blogbuddies have written excellent posts on this . What is a Blogbuddy ? We will keep that for the next post .