Soup is a lot like a family. Each ingredient enhances the others; each batch has its own characteristic & it needs time to simmer to reach full flavour. – Margaret Kennedy.
My memories of Soup
One of the fondest memories of my childhood is the winters soup with Dadu (Ma’s Uncle) which used to be made by Dimma (the grandmother). This was his staple food for dinner almost round the year and many a times it has so happened that whether I preferred or not, he used to share the soup with me. The croutons were added fun and used as an incentive to make me drink that soup. I had a taste of that soup very recently at the Tribal pop up at Taj Bengal Kolkata.
Growing up with load shedding
These were early 80’s when power cuts were frequent, so on a winter evening, two candles burning on the dinner table, Dadu sharing his childhood stories of ghosts and cold silence outside. For me, this is an unforgettable memory. With age and onset of eating out, chicken all clear soup and Tom yum soup became a favourite, other than the hit and miss soups which are most often offered in the buffets. Although I am not a regular soup drinker, there is some classiness attached with ‘soup’ which makes it much coveted and worth trying out. Recently we got this Wonderchef Automatic Soup maker and I am sure that this is going to change things for good.
About Wonderchef Automatic Soup Maker
As a person who loves soups and healthy food and also having not much time on a regular basis to prepare them, I would like to share certain benefits of the Wonderchef Automatic soup maker. When Anindya asked me if I would be interested in one, I jumped up in happiness at the thought. I could have soups for dinner every night and very often I prepare them. However, I sometimes feel it is a hassle to prepare soups, especially the pureed ones. One has to saute the vegetables, blend them in a mixer, then strain them and finally again put them back on the stove with the necessary seasonings. It is simply too much work.
You can check out wonderful products of Wonderchef (here)
We change the lens to change the story. Behance
Advantages and disadvantages of Wonderchef Automatic Soup maker
The Wonderchef Automatic Soup Maker makes your life easy. All you have to do is dump whatever you want in the container and close the lid. Bring the mode button to the kind of soup you want and switch it on. The soup gets done on its own.
- Hassle free
- Less time consuming
- Less messy
- Super healthy
- Choice of making different kinds of soups from pureed to chunky soup and compote
- You can also use it for smoothies and cold blends
- Easy to use with simple buttons for execution.
- Every kind of soup gets done between 20 to 30 minutes. The compote takes 13 minutes.
- Smoothies and blends run for 2 to 3 minutes
Drawbacks of Wondrchef Autoamtic Soup maker
- Cannot make just a cup of soup. The minimum quantity of liquid is 1.6 litres which is a generous 4 portions or even 6 regular cups of soup.
- You cannot use it for reheating. You will have to pour out the soup once it is done, in case you don’t plan on having it instantly.
No matter the minus points, I would say that my life has become easier now. The best part is that the Wonderchef Soup maker is so easy to use that even my Man Friday can handle it. Nowadays, healthy soups have become a part of my evening snack, especially during the end phase of my pregnancy and now that I am a nursing mom. I would definitely recommend the wonderchef automatic soup maker as a ‘must have kitchen gadget’ for home cooks and even people with low cooking skills.
Do you love soups ? Then check out the recipe of Sweet corn soup here
Pin for future reference
Share your views / Follow us
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama?
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree & Anindya) & Twitter profiles. Please post a picture and tag us.
Pin this for your recipe board? You can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link)
Mixed vegetable soup for all seasons
- 250 gms mixed vegetables I have used a mix of carrots, beans, green peas and cauliflower
- 120 gms potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder alternately, you can use maggi masala
- salt and pepper as required
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion for garnish
- 2 tbsp coconut cream for garnish
- Chop all the vegetables into small cubes.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the ones for garnish into the soup maker.
- Fill it up with water upto the minimum mark.
- Stir it all around and close the lid.
- Plug in the soup maker and bring the mode to 'pureed soup'indicator. Switch it on.
- In 20 minutes your soup is ready. Wait for a couple of minutes before opening the lid. Keep your face away from the lid while opening.
- Pour out the soup in bowls or mugs and garnish with chopped spring onions, pepper and some coconut cream. Serve with some croutons or bread sticks.