My son says that Nutella can solve all his problems. For a 9-year-old, I wonder what his problems are. Having said that, why talk about him only. I have to literally hide the Nutella jar, sometimes from myself, or else I may be tempted to have a spoonful of Nutella as my midnight snack as I binge watch some supernatural drama on OTT. Sometimes, indulge with a soft yet crunchy, hot from the pan, Nutella French toast with Nutella dripping from the sides. How decadent does it sound?
Nutella French toast is the easiest dessert to make and one that comes together very quickly. It’s also a perfect Valentine’s Day treat for your loved one. And if you have children at home, it will probably become the most sought after-dinner dessert or breakfast choice.
You can also have a cup of this utterly divine Nutella hot chocolate
How to make Nutella French toast
All you need are eggs, bread, milk or cream, sugar, butter and Nutella. Nothing fancy and all pantry staples. Yes, for that brilliant crunchy exterior and soft gooey interior, a brioche bun would be the best option. Nevertheless, your regular sliced bread does a good job too.
In a shallow flat bottomed bowl, crack the egg and add sugar and milk. Using a fork, whisk it. Apply a thick layer of Nutella spread on one bread. Cover that with the other bread slice, making a sandwich. Carefully place this sandwich in the bowl with the egg. When one side has soaked enough egg, carefully flip and let the other side soak in all the egg. Then melt butter in a frying pan and just like you make a regular French toast, slide the soaked up sandwich in the pan and let it cook on both sides. Take it out of the pan and use a paper towel to soak excess butter. Dust icing sugar and serve with some strawberries and more Nutella.
Our photos will leave your audience hungry for more. Behance
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama? Here is another recipe of Kolkata Bhetki which you cannot miss –
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree & Anindya) & Twitter profiles. Post a picture and tag us.
Pin this for your recipe board? You can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link) Have you heard about the idea pin? You can follow us for idea pins also like this one –
Nutella French Toast
- 2 slices bread preferably 2 day old bread
- 1 no eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp fine sugar
- 2 tsp Nutella and more for serving
- 1 dollops butter
- icing sugar and strawberries for garnish
- Ina shallow flat bottomed bowl, crack the egg and add sugar and milk. Using a fork, whisk it.
- Apply a thick layer of Nutella on one bread using 2 tsp of chocolate spread.
- Cover that with the other bread slice, making a sandwich.
- Carefully place this sandwich in the bowl with the egg.
- When one side has soaked enough egg, carefully flip and let the other side soak in all the egg.
- Heat a frying pan. Let it become hot and then add a dollop of butter and let it melt. Don't add the butter first and heat cos then the butter will burn.
- Gently slide the chocolate sandwich into the frying pan.
- Keep the heat at medium to low or else the butter will burn fast and become brown.
- Once one side has crisped up, flip and cook the other side.
- When both sides are brown and crispy, take the French toast out of the pan and on a kitchen towel to soak the excess butter.
- If you are making another set of French toast, you need to wipe the pan with tissue paper to take out the brown burnt butter before making a fresh batch.
- Cut the sandwich in a triangle. Drizzle more Nutella and dust icing sugar if you want. Serve with some cut up strawberries.
- About the bread: It is best to use medium-hard bread for French toast. A day or two-day-old bread works best. Brioche is an excellent choice since it is anyway buttery and becomes extra crispy when cooked further with the custard inside.
- If you get a loaf and cut the bread into your desired thickness, it will be better. Sometimes sliced bread has too thin slices. Then it becomes a soggy mess when you add that into the egg.