Overnight oats bowl with mixed berries
Almost effortless, this overnight oats bowl is packed with nutrition and tastes great too.
Recipe Author: Madhushree
- 1 cup oats it could be hand rolled or the instant oats variety too
- 2 tbsp flaxseed powder optional, see notes
- 2 tbsp chia seed powder see notes
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 cups Milk see notes
- 3 tbsp mixed berries
In a mixing bowl, take the oats, flaxseed powder, chia seeds and salt and mix them together. Add a tbsp of honey and 2 cups of milk and stir. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, take the bowl out of the refrigerator and give everything a good stir.
Add more milk or yogurt if you require and portion out the oats in separate bowls. Top each bowl with mixed berries and more honey if you like and serve chilled.
- Flaxseed has a very tough outer shell which does not get digested if taken whole. Best way to use flaxseed is to powder it in a grinder and store in an airtight container. Use as required. Flaxseed does not add any extra taste to this overnight bowl.
- Chia seed on the other hand, provides a beautiful texture to the bowl and I find it necessary to add it. You can make it without chia seed too but the texture won't be the same.
- Instead of dairy, you can use any kind of milk you want. Infact, coconut milk or soy or almond milk tastes great as well.