Italian cuisine is one of the most popular international cuisines in India. However, in the name of Italian food, like many other cuisines, it is highly abused too. Pasta laden with cream and ketchup, overcooked pasta, sprinkled with excess red chillies and the list is endless. Add to that inferior quality cheap ingredients packaged as authentic Italian but far from that.
The Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry has been promoting the authentic Italian table for some time now and we have been a part of the true Italian taste project. This was the second time we received this really elaborate hamper filled with genuine Italian products like summer truffles, sheep’s milk cheese with truffles, spaghetti, ready-to-cook gnocchi pasta, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and many other things. This hamper came as a part of the #trueitaliantaste project. It’s an endeavour to promote and educate people about authentic Italian products/ingredients and use them correctly to get an enhanced taste.
Here’s another recipe from the previous hamper of Lemon ricotta cake
With that effort in mind, we created a small video of spaghetti with truffle cheese.
Here’s how to make it:
Boil water and add sea salt and olive oil to it. Then add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook till al-dente, that is, just cooked but not completely soft. The spaghetti should have a bite. Drain the water but keep one cup of that water for later use. In a frying pan, melt butter and add chopped garlic to this. After a couple of minutes, add the liquid from the pasta and make a sauce. Add the spaghetti to this and swirl to coat every strand of spaghetti with the sauce. Then grate truffle cheese in a generous amount on this and mix well. After that, all you need is to adjust the seasoning and grate and slice fresh truffles over this and enjoy the true Italian taste.
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama?
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree & Anindya) & Twitter profiles. Please post a picture and tag us.
Spaghetti with truffle cheese
- 1 handful spaghetti
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup grated truffle cheese and more for garnish
- 1 small black truffle
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a large saucepan, boil water, at least 1 lt. Add olive oil and a little salt to the water.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water without breaking it. Let the spaghetti cook. Takes about 8 minutes.
- When the spaghetti has cooked but is not completely soft, drain the water leaving a cup of the liquid for making the sauce.
- Take a frying pan and melt the butter. Add garlic to the melted butter and let it soften. Once the raw smell goes, add half a cup of the liquid and then the spaghetti. Mix everything and then add grated cheese.
- Keep mixing and add more water if required. Finally add grated truffle and sliced truffle, adjust the salt and garnish with more cheese and serve.