The pandemic has taught us, mothers, one thing- that is to re-invent snacks and make quick snacks out of anything for the forever hungry growing children. Bread pizza on a skillet is one such recipe that is quick and easy to make. Italians would sneer at the thought of this and Americans would probably call it an open sandwich, but for us Indians, this is the ‘jugadu’ version of a pizza.
In case you are looking for more kid’s recipe then check out the rainbow pancakes here
It’s not always that you can make a dough and bake your own pizza. You also don’t want to buy pizza every time you crave it. Bread pizza is the easiest solution. Of course, it is nothing like pizza except that we are topping slices of bread with vegetables and mozzarella cheese and then grilling the bread. You don’t need an oven to make this kind of pizza. Any cast iron skillet will give the best result. A non-stick frying pan would also go but a grill pan would be even better.
We turn your food into a work of art with our stunning photography. Behance
This one is a great recipe for children’s birthday parties. Tugga likes this in his tiffin box. So yes, it is a fabulous and easy lunch box recipe as well.
Take a glass or a cookie cutter and cut a large circle on the bread slices. You can leave it as it is also. Finely chop capsicum or any bell pepper of your choice. Discard tomato seeds and finely chop. Apply butter on both sides of each slice. Now sprinkle chopped tomatoes and capsicum on each slice. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle grated cheese over this. Heat a frying pan or a skillet and place the slices carefully on the hot frying pan. Lower the heat from medium to low. Cover and let the cheese melt and the bottoms crisp up. When almost done, sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano seasoning and serve immediately.
Here’s another brilliant snack using bread- Sausage French toast roll-ups
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama?
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree & Anindya) & Twitter profiles. Please post a picture and tag us.
Pin this for your recipe board? You can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link)
Bread Pizza on a Skillet
- 4 slices bread any bread of your choice, preferably sandwich bread size
- 1 capsicum or any other bell pepper of your choice
- 2 tomatoes
- ¾ cup mozzarella grated
- oregano for seasoning
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Chilli flakes for garnish
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Take a glass or a cookie cutter and cut a large circle on the bread slices. You can choose to keep it square as well and not cut the bread.
- Finely chop capsicum or bell peppers. Discard tomato seeds and finely chop the tomato.
- Apply butter on both sides of each slice.
- Now sprinkle chopped tomatoes and capsicum on each slice. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over this.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet or any grill pan and place the slices carefully on the hot pan.
- Lower the heat from medium to low. Cover and let the cheese melt and the bottoms crisp up.
- When almost done, sprinkle chilli flakes, oregano seasoning and a few torn-up basil leaves and serve immediately.