Baking is my stress buster and it is something I love to do. There was a time, when Tugga was little, that I would bake every week. In winters, it would be a continuous process. The minute a cake would be over, on to the next thing. It hasn’t been the same ever since my little girl. Brishti is a riot ready to break at all times. Baking is an exact science and requires a cool head, which is impossible with Brishti around. Hence, I try and stick to time tested and easy recipes. This is one such recipe of chocolate banana muffins, which is the best ever chocolate chip muffin recipe. Try it out and I promise, you will not regret it.
Step by step recipe of Chocolate Banana Muffins
- You will have to do the usual mixing of the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients.
- First you mix all the dry ingredients in one mixing bowl. Then add the chocolate chips and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and then the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Mash the bananas separately with a fork or your fingers and keep aside. You need ripe and soft bananas for this recipe but not over ripe.
- The next step is the mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Fold them together and then add the ripe mashed bananas.
- Pour into muffin liners and then pop into the oven for baking.
In case you love baking like me – here are some baking recipes which you cannot miss.
This double chocolate mousse cake is indulgence at its best . Make this at home ?
Some Moist Raspberry muffins are always a mood lifter
What about some Lemon Yogurt cake. Easiest recipe ever
Tips and Tricks
- Call them banana yogurt muffins or chocolate chip banana muffins or whatever you want, these are super healthy compared to many other muffins recipes. This recipe of chocolate chip banana muffins uses whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. Of course, you can wish to make them in all-purpose flour. Having said that, I have tried both the options and the result with the whole wheat flour is terrific. So why not go for a healthier version?
- Most importantly, use ripe bananas. They need to be soft enough to be easily mashed. If you have a little hard bananas, just turn them in the microwave for a minute and that should do the trick. I live in Kolkata, where it is relatively hot. So, I keep my chocolate chips frozen. That way, they don’t completely melt and disintegrate while baking.
- You can also replace ghee with coconut oil or any other vegetable oil and that works as well.
- Remove 1 tbsp of whole wheat flour and replace it with corn flour. This does not allow the cake to become dense.
- Do not over whisk or mix you cake batter. That makes the muffins dense.
- Use cocoa powder which is 100 percent cacao for best results. Use preferably dark chocolate chips.
- You can, of course, experiment with using different combinations of chocolate chips too.
Storing and Serving suggestions
You can eat these banana chocolate muffins straight out of the oven. You can store them in room temperature for up to 2 days in a hot and humid climate like ours. After that store them in the refrigerator in a container. It stays for a week. Warm them in the microwave before eating. These muffins don’t harden in the fridge, so you can also eat straight out of the fridge. You can freeze the muffins for upto 3 months and defrost and eat them whenever you want to.
You can also use ripe bananas to make this really lush Banana Bread with Maple Butter Cream and Fried Bananas
Share your views / Follow us
You can check our youtube channel for more recipes
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can reach out to us at our social media handles: Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree and Anindya) and twitter profiles. Post a picture and tag us.
Pin this for your recipe board? You can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link)
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour you can use all purpose flour if you want to
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips you can use a combination of chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder preferably with 100 percent cacao
- 1 no egg
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 1/4 cup ghee or melted butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar you can also use jaggery
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed 2 - 3 bananas
- Remove one tbsp of whole wheat flour from the measurement.
- Sieve inwhole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Then add the chocolate chips to this.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg and add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add the sugar or jaggery and whisk.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and fold using a spatula.
- Mash the bananas thoroughly and then add to the batter and fold.
- Don't over mix or else it will become dense.
- Grease muffin moulds with butter and dust with flour or use paper liners.
- Pour in the batter into the moulds. Fill in 3/4 th of the cavities.
- Pop it into a pre heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Depending on the size of your oven, the baking time will depend.
- You can make them into mini muffins too. In case of mini muffins, the baking time will be around 15 minutes.
- Serve them straight out of the oven after they cool down a bit.