It is the season for cauliflowers once again and we love it. Cauliflowers literally take over the kitchen and we add it to most of everything. And with winter, we also crave warm soups in the evening or for dinner. This pan-roasted cauliflower soup is effortless and is perfect for a cold winter evening. With a few easy steps and the least number of ingredients, you can make this cauliflower soup for your entire family.
What makes this pan-roasted cauliflower soup amazing?
If you’ve never had cauliflower soup before, you might not find it appealing. Especially since it looks pretty bland. However, this creamy roasted cauliflower soup is seriously delicious, if you love cauliflower. Firstly, it’s pan-roasted. You can also roast the cauliflower florets in the oven. Roasting the florets gives it a nice toasty flavour. Secondly, it requires very basic ingredients- Onions, garlic and salt. I added cumin powder to give a bit of colour and also that beautiful earthy flavour that cumin has.
Thirdly, this pan-roasted cauliflower soup is effortless cooking. Fourthly, this is a very healthy recipe. It doesn’t require butter or cream and is cooked with only a little bit of olive oil. And finally, this is a vegan recipe. How can I forget? It’s dairy-free and gluten-free as well. This is a vegan cauliflower soup recipe. It is also perfect for weight loss.
If you like cauliflower, then you must try this recipe of cauliflower cutlet.
How to make this creamy cauliflower soup?
You just have to cut the onions and garlic along with the florets, mix with cumin powder, salt and olive oil. Then toss everything in a pan, spread it around. Then over a high flame in the beginning and then medium to low flame, later on, roast the cauliflower till they have softened and browned on the edges.
Then keep a few florets aside and blend the rest of the florets along with the roasted onions and garlic. Blend it very smooth and you can also pass it through a sieve. Transfer the puree to a pan and add vegetable broth. You can also add chicken stock if you wish to. Adding broth or vegetable stock gives it an incredible depth of flavour. Adjust the seasoning and serve with some fresh herbs, microgreens and roasted almonds. Top with sliced roasted cauliflower florets.
Here are a few other soup recipes that might interest you in winter
Share your cooking with us
Are you following us on our youtube channel Cook with Pikturenama? If not, then please subscribe.
Do try this recipe and share your feedback. You can also reach out to us at our social media handles: Instagram, Facebook or any of our personal Facebook (Madhushree and Anindya) and Twitter profiles. Post a picture and tag us.
Here is an Instagram Reel on how to make this for a quick recap –
Pin this for your recipe board? You can follow us on Pikturenama recipes for more recipe ideas (Link) Have you heard about the idea pin You can follow us for idea pins also like this one –
Pan-roasted cauliflower soup
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 5-6 nos garlic cloves sliced
- 1 large onion roughly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth or stock
- sea salt to taste
- herbs for garnish
- roasted almonds for garnish
- Rub cumin powder, salt and olive oil over the cauliflowers.
- Heat a pan and add the onions and garlic. Toss for a few seconds and add the cauliflower florets along with the oil and spread in the pan.
- Don't overcrowd the pan. Keep it on high flame for four to five minutes while stirring.
- Then over medium heat, let the cauliflower cook. You can cover for four to five minutes. Don't let any moisture come out since we want to roast. Turn them around every once in a while for even cooking.
- If the garlic and the onions have been roasted before, take them out.
- Once the cauliflower florets have become soft and toasty on the edges, take them off the heat.
- Keep 4-5 florets for later use and blend the rest of the cauliflower florets with the onions and garlic into a fine puree.
- Transfer the puree to a pan and add vegetable stock or broth. Give it a boil and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with roasted almonds, herbs of your choice and sliced cauliflower florets.